Simona Janek offers an expert portrait and makeover service that is guaranteed to deliver you a beautiful photograph of yourself that you will love. Whether you are after a professional portrait or just a photo of yourself looking glam and gorgeous, Simona does your hair and make up then photographs you in a contemporary style of natural light boutique photography that is simple, elegant and modern. Check out this behind the scenes video of Rescu. editor, Bahar Etminan, getting her professional portrait and read these fantastic tips and tricks from Simona about how to get the most flattering photo of yourself when you are getting a professional portrait.
(Left Image: Rescu. Editor Bahar Etminan)
Simona Janek’s Tips And Tricks For The Perfect Professional Photograph
RESCU: What are your expert tips in having a great professional portrait?
Simona Janek: 1. Be prepared with clothing; bring lots of options, clean and ironed
2. Hair and makeup is a must. If your photographer doesn’t provide this service organise your own
3. Trust the photographer you have chosen and let them do their job. Not all poses you will be in are comfortable or feel natural but will look great in photo
RESCU: Is there such a thing as a good and bad side? How do we know which is our best side?
Simona Janek: 1. Yes there is! Most people know which it is. If you’re not sure, get a friend to take your photos to find out, as it’s not obvious for everybody.
2. However, don’t get fixated on one side when having professional shots. Trust the photographer and relax. The end result will be better if you feel comfortable and confident. You might be surprised what a professional can do
3. Make up can help correct and balance your face, as does hair.
RESCU: Are there any beauty tips and tricks to looking great in a flash photo? In low light?
Simona: 1. Use matt makeup/powders. You don’t want your skin to look oily
2. Use a highlighter on the check bone
3. Don’t use SPF, they reflect light and will make your face look white in photos
4. In low light you can wear stronger eyes and lips
5. Remember to push your chin forward and down
RESCU: What is the best and most flattering pose when being photographed for a full length image?
Simona Janek: 1. Have the subject put their weight on their back foot
2. Stand 45 degrees to the camera
3. To accentuate the hourglass shape, putt a hand on your waist and create some space between your arms and body
RESCU: What are the cardinal sins when being photographed for a professional shot?
Simona Janek: 1. This might sound obvious, however it’s best not to drink any alcohol while being photographed. It makes for sleepy looking eyes
2. Turning up with dirty hair. Always arrive with a clean, moisturised face and clean dry hair
3. Don’t drink too much the night before, don’t have something that will make you bloated for breakfast
4. No sleep. Have a good night sleep the night before
5. It’s best not to have a deep cleansing facial the day before
6. Do exfoliate at home to make sure your skin is nice and polished. Make up sits much better on even textured skin.
RESCU: I want to give my partner a glamorous but not racy image. Any tips for what looks good and what looks plain trashy?
Simona Janek: 1. Less is more. You don’t have to reveal much to create a glamorous image.
2. It’s what comes from within, your inner beauty and confidence that he will love
3. Having a photographer that you feel comfortable with is important. They will make you feel relaxed
4. Think of items (clothing and accessories) which are timeless and less likely to date
5. Incorporate special accessories/jewellery
6. Plain classic clothing works best, no logos
7. Don’t try and look like someone else, just a more glamorous version of you
If you want a flawless, professional portrait shot by the fabulous Simona Janek, head to www.gmphotographics.com.au for more details.
Behind The Scenes Of Rescu. Editor, Bahar Etminan’s Photoshoot With Simona
More Fashion On RESCU
- Fashion Wrap: Michelle Obama’s Fashion Philosophy, Nicki Minaj’s Amazing Transformation And More
- Fashion Wrap: Girl With The Dragon Tattoo Goes High-Fashion, The World’s Best Fashion Museums And More!
- Fashion Commentator Glynis Traill-Nash on keeping the ’70s Trend Chic (Not Tragic), A New Vintage Auction House And Spring Racing Hats