The holidays are finally here, and while your kids may be cheering, chances are you’re approaching the next six weeks with a certain sense of anxiety. If you’re planning on travelling with children, you’re potentially in for a double whammy of stress. Parenting expert Karen Phillip shares her advice on surviving the holiday season with your kids and lends some fabulous ideas for what to do with kids during the holiday season.
Some of her top tips:
- Actually spend time with your kids — without distractions from technology!
- Organise fun activities with your children both indoors and outdoors.
- Children under six love blocks, balloons and chalk — all easy, inexpensive activities.
- Cut up newspapers and create some fashion designs.
- All children love balls and skipping ropes
- When taking long car trips, ensure you break up the travel every two to three hours.
- Bring activities for the kids to play to get them out of the car during these breaks — any of the above are great.
- Inside the car play Eye Spy, or count how many cars of a specific colour you pass
Find out more in the handy video below: