Woolworths gets a full service beauty department, how to deal with sensitive skin and get Adele’s luscious half-up half-down hairstyle.
Your local supermarket just got even better. Woolworths has unveiled its new beauty department and beauty bar for all your skin, hair, body and nail needs!
Woolworths at Sydney’s Town Hall will range new professional-quality skin care, self tan, cosmetic and hair care/colour brands including Bliss, Essie, Model Co., L’Oreal Paris, Max Factor, St Tropez, Skin Doctors, Nude by Nature, and First Aid.
The Woolworths beauty bar will offer various beauty treatments including make overs, skin consultations and mini manicures. Treatments change on a weekly basis and will be conducted by professional beauty consultants from brands including Essie, L’Oreal Paris and Model Co., to name a few.
Grocery shopping just got exciting!
Sensitive skin can be a sensitive issue; itching, burning, bumps and rashes, sensitive skin can erupt when we least expect and almost always when we don’t need it most.
If you have sensitive skin, it’s only trying to help you! Due to your hyperactive immune system, your skin regards certain products and weather conditions as foreign bodies and does its best to fight them off – the only way it knows how!
So, how can you ditch the itch?
– Be wary of soaps and cleansers with drying antibacterial agents such as tetrasodium EDTA and triclosan
– Steer clear of citrus and floral scented fragrances
– Go for liquid-based makeup
– In summer, wear sunscreen or UV protecting moisturisers daily
– In winter, get your hands on a moisturiser designed for sensitive skin
According to Ella Bache’s new SensiBeautics range, skin generally becomes sensitive due to external aggressions such as harsh weather ie. cold and wet temperatures, strong sun exposure etc.
When our skin barriers are compromised, the skin is at high risk of being sensitized and if the barrier penetration persists, the sensitivity can become more frequent to the skin.
La Roche-Posay Toleriane Ultra ($35.95) delivers a reduction in redness, discomfort and burning sensations of the skin after around four weeks of use with Neurosensine, a calming agent.
Aveeno Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturiser ($24.99) contains skin-calming feverfew, a natural ingredient related to chamomile to reduce the appearance of redness and soothe dry, sensitive skin.
Ella Bache SensiBeautics Range (available June 2013) delivers immediate soothing & calming benefits by reducing the inflammation of the skin and reinforces, repairs and balances the skin’s natural ecoflora defences.
Adele’s Half-Up Half-Down ‘Do
Get The Look:
1. Spray some thickening spritz like O&M’s Atonic to damp hair and then blow dry through to create texture.
2. The top quarter of your hair – start from about 1 centimeter from your hairline and use a round brush to tease the underside of the hair to create volume, then spray some root-lift like O&M’s Rootalicious to hold in place.
3. Use your fingers to separate the bottom half of your hair from the top.
4. Secure the top of your hair with bobby pins making sure to try and keep the volume created at the top.
5. To seal the look, lightly spray your choice of thickening spritz to set the look.
For O&M stockists head to originalmineral.com