Golden Globes winner Amy Adams took a little influence from her character in American Hustle for her look on the evening… and we’re not just talking about that low-cut dress! The star opted for a paired-back beauty look with metallic eyes, big lashes, and little else and let her stunning plaited up-do do the talking. We loved seeing an up-do on a ruby rug full of tumbling tresses and this pretty look can easily take you from the office to the bar and beyond. Plus, believe it or not, it’s super easy to replicate at home.
Sharon Blaine, Goldwell Global Educational Hair Stylist, gave us six steps to getting the look without a personal hairdresser!
Amy Adams Golden Globes 2014 Hair How To
- Start by spraying hairspray into the hair and working two three-strand braids from the temple on both sides directed back to the crown.
- Pull the remaining hair into a slightly tousled high pony tail on the crown.
- Pin the braids into the pony base and add a round padding shape over the pony. Pin well to hold.
- Lightly mist the pony with Goldwell Stylesign Hot Form and place four large hot rollers into the pony tail and allow the rollers to cool.
- Divide the pony into three equal sections create three-strand braids in each section.
- Pull out each braid for more texture and width. Arrange the textured braids around the shape to cover the padding, pin to hold and finish with hairspray and gloss for a styled finish and hold.
Rescu. Loves: Goldwell StyleSign Diamond Gloss to add polish and glamour to any up-do plus it double up as an excellent last-minute SOS style aid for dry, parched hair.
RRP: $24.95 call 1800 50 60 60 for stockists