By Zoe Bingley-Pullin, Nutrition Expert
Everyone wants to enjoy Christmas but not the 5 kilos that are gained in the process… Here is a delicious healthy Christmas lunch and some tips, which are guilt-free:
1. Don’t over eat!
2. Choose one occasion to “got for it,” not every occasion.
3. Drink lots of water to dilute the alcohol and keep your body more alkaline.
4. Don’t feel guilty if you do overeat, just go for a walk or a swim and burn it off.
1. Swap battered seafood and aioli for fresh seafood and guacamole.
2. Swap pork crackling and oily roast potatoes for roast beef, chicken, Spanish onion, capsicum and sweet potato.
3. Swap spring rolls for sushi and oysters.
4. Swap wine, champagne and beer for spritzers, vodka, soda and fresh lime, sparkling water and fruit mocktails or fresh juice.
5. Swap Christmas pudding will all the trappings for yogurt strawberry coulis roasted nuts served in a martini glass
Nibbles: Chili carrot hummus with crudités and Goats cheese with lavish crackers.
Entree: Chilled avocado and prawn soup and/or oyster with shallot vinaigrette.
Main: Roasted Chicken stuffed with preserved lemon and herbs and served with steam green bean with roasted almonds and garlic and roasted sweet potato, capsicum, spanish onion with garlic and basil.
Dessert: Toasted nuts with a strawberry coulis on a bed of cinnamon and honey organics yoghurt and/or Healthy Christmas pudding with yoghurt and berry coulis.